Downing Park Urban Farm
Downing Park Urban Farm (DPUF), located at the historic Downing Park, is a working community farm that grows vegetables, fruits and flowers and provides educational programs for local youth and residents. It is open from mid-May to late November.
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Youth Education Programs
- Community Workshops and Tutorials
- Fresh Farm Products sold at the Farm Stand – Monday evenings 3:00 – 7:00 beginning June.
- Common Ground Farmers Market – Safe Harbors Green – beginning July
DPUF also participates in the Newburgh Urban Farm and Food Initiatives’ Citywide Produce Donation Program.
Volunteers are an important part of our Farm and there are lots of ways you can help.
There are opportunities throughout the season (May to November) to volunteer with the farm team to plant, weed, water and harvest or help organize workshops on specific topics relating to urban farming/gardening. We also welcome volunteers with special skills like construction, office administration, photography & videography, technology & social media and special events planning. We can always use your help and find a way for you to get involved.
Just show up at one of our volunteer days, Find us on Facebook, or Fill out our Volunteer Application (online or print it to return by mail).
2020 Volunteer Schedule:
- Due to current NYS COVID-19 requirements, we are no longer scheduling any public volunteer days. If you would like to volunteer, please fill out the Application Form, and email us at: infoNUFFI@gmail.com
- Stay tuned to Facebook and Instagram for up-to-the minute changes.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Downing Park Urban Farm!
Volunteer Application Form (* required)
Or click here to print out and return to NUFFI, PO Box 541 Newburgh NY 12551